Weekend Trip To Yellowstone

I took a weekend trip with a couple of friends down to Yellowstone. While access to the park is limited to the northern road between Gardiner, MT and Cooke City, WY, there is still plenty to do in the nation's first national park. On Saturday, we braved the snowy conditions and completed the entire 110-mile loop on US-212. Beyond the physical beauty encountered in Yellowstone, we were able to see a wide variety of wildlife, including elk, bison, pronghorns, mule deer, big horn sheep, coyotes, and wolves. We stopped by Mammoth Hot Springs and went cross-country skiing. I must say, cross-country skiing was certainly an exhausting experience. However, I was surprised how easily I was able to pick up the skill. I think I have to credit my father's old NordicTrak. Here is a selection of our travels:

From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine


From The Peppermint Mine

1 comments:

January 13, 2009 at 6:48 AM DarkoV said...

Great pics, Ivan!
That coyote seemed to be licking its chops at the sight of dinner skiing right up to him.

Post a Comment