Exile on the MPC

From time to time, I fool around with audio production. I have acquired a PadKontrol MIDI Controller for my continued musical amusement and I use a variety of programs to produce hip-hop instrumentals. Youtube and other video sites contain a slew of self-produced videos of people making digital music on a variety of set-ups. These videos often produce feelings of musical superiority, amazement, respect, inspiration, and jealousy. Recently, okayplayer posted a series of three videos from Exile, half of the hip-hop duo Blu & Exile (check out their solid album - Below the Heavens), playing some of his material from his new album Radio. The album is composed completely of material sampled from the L.A. radio waves. Here is a performance of Bounce on the MPC (via okayplayer.com)


Exile - Bounce from Okayplayer on Vimeo.

End note: If i get the hutzbah, I may post a similar video of my musical mashups in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment