musical reminders of my childhood

Every once and a while I am reminded of specific albums/artists/songs from my childhood (many thanks to pater). While watching the "Freestyling with the Roots" segment of the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show, I was brought back to the bouncing to the eclectic rhythms of Paul Simon's Graceland in the living room of my parents humble abode. (See the third song)



Dancing like Johnny Clegg and Savuka, father and son would release a torrent of energy out on the wood floor. Graceland, rich with lively horn sections, still forces this listener to move with songs like "You Can Call Me Al", "I Know What I Know", "The Boy in the Bubble", and "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes".

By the way, on last night's show, Paul Simon performed "Late in the Evening" with The Roots. Check it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment